It's been already 3 months since I posted my last episode, so I will write about the last major news about i-kifu and summarize what happened during these last 3 months:
16th of October: I received the NEC award at the Business Plan Competition co-organized by International Center for Social Entrepreneurship (ICSE) and the Abe Laboratory of Department of International Development Engineering (IDE) at the Tokyo Institute of Technology!
My project was in competition with 18 projects, 8 were selected as finalists and I got the 1st prize!
It was quite challenging to present my project in only 10 minutes, because there is so much to talk about but it was definitely worth spending long nights over my presentation. I never expected to win any award for my project but I guess my persistence finally paid. I dedicate this award to all the people, who would like to follow their dreams but are still hesitating. Don't let others bring you down and stand up if you fall. It's not always the most skilled who wins but the one who never gives up.
After this little "life lesson", I hope that it will not be my last award. Way to go!
Here is a summary of the last 3 months:
- i-kifu has now an intern, thank you Keita for your hard work!
- 14 NPOs are now supporting officially i-kifu.
- I met Paypal and Rakuten, with positive interest about my project, but not started any negotiations yet.
- Got in touch with Docomo (The major Japanese mobile company, I will arrange a formal meeting soon.)
- Met the daughter of Tezuka-san the creator of Astroboy. Hope that we will be able to do something together in the future. Thanks Gaku for the introduction!
- Met 3 people interested in creating a social donation game in partnership with i-kifu, still at a early stage of the idea.
- Started meeting people involved in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Got in touch with Salesforce Foundation, also hope we can collaborate.
Thank you for reading and please come back for my next episode.
Follow me on Twitter too @ikifu
End of Episode 30